QuickBooks company file error 6000 83 when the user tries to open, restore or backup the company file while using the QuickBooks desktop application. QuickBooks company file access error 6000 83 is the most common 6000 series error that arises due to damage or corruption in the company file. The QuickBooks error code 6000 83 comes up with a message, “QuickBooks could not open the company file.” To get detailed information on QuickBooks company file error 6000 83, read the blog carefully till the end.
If you need any technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks error 61, then contact the certified QuickBooks experts team by dialing our toll-free number +1-800-579-9430.
What leads to QuickBooks error message code 6000 83?
Following are the causes behind QuickBooks company file access error 6000 83:
- The QuickBooks user does not have permissions to access the company file stored on the server.
- QuickBooks company file is outdated or not compatible with the latest version of QuickBooks desktop.
- The company file path is not set up correctly.
- QuickBooks cannot connect with the server computer.
Let’s move to the solutions given below in order to fix the issue.
Most Preferred Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 83
Given below are the most effective solutions to get rid of QuickBooks error message code 6000 83:
1. If the error appears while creating a backup of the company file
Follow the steps given below if you see QuickBooks error 6000 83 while creating a backup:
- Move to the server computer and exit QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the File menu and select Quit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, click on the Windows Start menu.
- Write “File Explorer” into the search and open File Explorer.
- Hover over the navigation bar and select “My Computer” or “This PC.”
- Next, select and open the C: drive.
- Right-click on the screen and select New and then Folder.
- Name the new folder as “QB Test.”
- Now, create a backup company file by following the prompt steps.
- When QuickBooks asks where you want to save the backup, save it to the new folder you created on the C: drive.
- Follow the step-wise instructions to restore the company file with the help of the new backup.
You may also Read : QuickBooks error 6094
2. If you get the QuickBooks error 6000 83 while restoring the company file
Follow these steps if the error appears while restoring the backup:
1. The backup company file should not contain any spaces or special characters. Here’re the steps to rename it:
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- In the search, type “File Explorer” and open File Explorer.
- Search and open the folder holding the backup company file.
- Right-click the file with .qbb extension and select Rename.
- If any, remove the special characters, symbols, or spaces from the filename.
- Next, right-click the folder containing the QBB file and choose Rename. Remove special characters, symbols, or spaces from the file name.
- Now, restore your company file.
2. If you still get the same error, create a portable company file to restore the company file.
We hope the solutions mentioned above help you fix QuickBooks error 6000 83. If the issue persists, feel free to contact the QuickBooks support team by dialing our helpline number +1-800-579-9430.
Related Article : QuickBooks error ps077