Have you been triggered by QuickBooks Black and White Screen all of a sudden? It might have happened due to either your QuickBooks Desktop or Windows desktop display issues. Even though there is nothing to be worried about, there is a probability that the system may have been corrupted, and as a result, there are high chances of losing all the company file data. Hence, you must overcome the issue quickly. Have a look at this article to understand what causes the error and how to debug it completely.
If you have any queries regarding the black and white display issues in QuickBooks, immediately dial 1.800.579.0391 to connect with one of our experienced professionals.
What are the Primary Reasons that Trigger the Display Error in QuickBooks?
Have you been receiving a black and white screen in QuickBooks the moment you launch the application? Can you not understand why such an error is coming up? Read out the following reasons listed down-
- You must check for the display settings of Windows and QuickBooks as there is a possibility that the screen resolution has not been configured accurately.
- The second reason for getting the issue could be that you have installed the QuickBooks Desktop correctly.
To learn the two most effective methods to fix the error, proceed to the next section.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 40001
Effective Debugging Processes to Resolve the QuickBooks Desktop Black and White Screen Issues
Are you looking for solutions but not sure how to get rid of the error when your screen gets black and white in QuickBooks? Go through the solutions we have mentioned further in this article-
SOLUTION 1: Re-Setup the Screen Resolution on your Windows Desktop
- On your desktop, hit the ‘Windows + R’ keys to get access to the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Enter ‘regedit’ and tap on the ‘OK’ option.
- After the regedit windows open, hit the icon with an arrow symbol to move to the following location- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows
- Now, go to the GDIProcessHandleQuota to maximize its value to 65535.
- Next, you must exit the Registry Editor and, after that, reboot your computer system.
- At last, launch QuickBooks and check whether the screen has been repaired. If yes, change the GDIProcessHandleQuota value to 10000.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6010
SOLUTION 2: Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub to Make Use of Quick Fix my Program
- If you don’t have QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your computer, install it.
- Firstly, download the current version of the Tool Hub and save it to an appropriate location.
- Now, open and run the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file to install the program.
- Move forward with the instructions prompted on the screen and checkmark the relevant checkboxes to accept the terms and conditions.
- In the end, hit the ‘Finish’ option and open the Tool Hub application.
- Click on the ‘Program Problems’ tab and choose the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ tool.
- Once the tool fixes the issue, re-run your QuickBooks Desktop.
The blog ends here. We hope this detailed blog on ‘QuickBooks Black and White Screen’ error has guided you appropriately, and you must have been able to remove the issue completely. In case you still receive the problem, we suggest consulting our technical support team at Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 1723