There’s no doubt that Cryptocurrencies have taken the world by storm. And, if you’re reading this, you probably have heard about MetaMask and now you wish to learn the basics of using it. If that is the case, you first need to get the MetaMask extension installed in your browser. Being a popular hot wallet, MetaMask allows you to manage your ETH-based assets in a seamless manner. In addition to that, it also helps you interact with decentralized applications (DApps) without any kind of technical glitches.
Nevertheless, let us now shift our focus toward the topic we have gathered here i.e. learning the basics of enabling, disabling, and updating the MetaMask extension. All of these topics will help you in one or the other scenarios for the smooth working of the MetaMask wallet extension.
Steps to enable MetaMask extension on a browser
If you have just installed the MetaMask extension on your device, but do not know what further steps you need to take with it, then you must take a look at the details below:
- Open a browser (the MetaMask-supported browsers are Chrome, Brave, Edge, Firefox, or Opera)
- After this, open the MetaMask official website
- Install MetaMask and afterward, it would open automatically
- If it doesn’t open, click on the fox-face icon to open it
- Now, read the given terms of service and accept them to proceed
- Then, you need to choose an option to create a new wallet
- Pick the same password for your wallet and back your seed phrase
With that, you are all ready to explore the amazing world of crypto and also get ready to make a close interaction with the decentralized applications.
A short process to disable the MetaMask extension
If your MetaMask wallet extension has become troublesome or you need to disable it temporarily due to any other reason, you can apply the steps given below:
- First of all, open the MetaMask extension by clicking on the fox-face icon in the toolbar of your browser
- If you are not logged into it already, sign in to your wallet account and then click on the three horizontal lines menu
- When you are there in the menu, you need to select the “Settings” option from the given drop-down
- Then, from the given menu, select the “Advanced” option
- Here, toggles the given switch toward enable/disable position
- This will disable the MetaMask extension on your browser
However, one should avoid doing so if he wishes to stay on top of his portfolio as MetaMask helps you a lot when you wish to trade crypto assets or when you feel like storing crypto funds. But, if you still disable the MetaMask extension, you can always enable it by following the process explained in the section above.
Installing the latest updates of the MetaMask extension
Well, it is very important for you to be assured that your Metamask wallet extension is up-to-date. This is because an update comes with several security patches and improvements. Not just that, it also gives you the option to explore what’s latest and use new features/technologies:
- Mostly, MetaMask gets updated automatically whenever you lock or unlock your wallet.
- However, if you are interested in learning the manual procedure for the same, you can simply uninstall the extension and then re-add it only from the official MetaMask website. Doing so will install the latest MetaMask extension on your device with the latest features and security updates.
- But, once you are done with updating the extension, you are suggested to verify if the latest version was installed or not. The version details can be checked by navigating to the “Settings” menu of your wallet.
Indeed, it is very important to understand the procedures well when you are dealing with MetaMask wallet. Managing the wallet extension can be tricky at times, but with our guide, enabling/disabling or updating MetaMask should no longer be a hurdle for you.