QuickBooks is an amazing accounting application used by various small and mid-sized organizations. It is known for its advanced tools and user-friendly interface. Despite the resilient behavior, users encounter various errors while working on it. Here, we are talking about QuickBooks runtime error that pops up on the screen with an error message, “Error: Microsoft Visual C++ error Library runtime error.” Some instances when the error appears are emailing pay stubs, running a payroll checkup, and in payroll setup. This blog is all about guiding users with QuickBooks runtime error, its causes, and quick fixes, so read carefully until the end.
If you are unwilling to resolve QuickBooks runtime error on your own, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team and let them eliminate the issue for you! Simply call +1 800-417-5147
Reasons why you come across runtime error in QuickBooks?
Following are the reasons that prompt the error:
- Multiple programs running at the same time, causing conflict.
- Damage or corruption to the QuickBooks company file.
- Incorrect installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- A damaged or corrupted QBW.INI file.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 30159
Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Desktop runtime error
Solution 1. Setup QuickBooks Payroll in Selective Startup Mode
- From the Windows Start menu, select Run.
- When the Run box opens, write MSConfig and click OK.
- Within the System Configuration Utility window, go to the General tab and choose Selective Startup.
- Uncheck the Load Startup Items checkbox and click OK.
- Restart your workstation and then open QuickBooks.
- Complete the payroll setup and open the System Configuration Utility window again.
- Under the Selective Startup, checkmark the Load Startup Items box to reset the system to normal mode.
- Reboot your device when prompted.
If the error doesn’t fix, follow the next solution.
Solution 2. Do clean install in Selective Startup
- Before proceeding, ensure you have a backup company file.
- Jot down the QuickBooks Desktop license number and product information.
- Start your workstation in Selective startup mode. Here’s how:
- Tap the Windows and R keys at once on your keyboard to open the Run command.
- Within the Run box, write MSConfig and click Ok.
- Select the General menu, choose Selective startup and Load system services.
- Go to the Services tab, tick the Hide all Microsoft Services, and then click Disable all.
- Unmark the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox and ensure the Windows Installer checkbox is marked.
- Click Ok, then go to the System Configuration window and click Restart.
- Start your device and clean install QuickBooks.
- Now, start your device back in Normal mode:
- Open the Run command again, type MSConfig and click OK.
- Go to the General tab, choose Normal startup, and select OK.
- Move to the System Configuration window and click Restart.
That’s all about QuickBooks runtime error. We hope you find the blog helpful in fixing the issue. If you are still struggling with the same error, connect with the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-417-5147.
Related article :- QuickBooks error 6150