Aluminum Curtain Wall Industry Overview
The global aluminum curtain wall market size is expected to reach USD 65.7 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 9.6%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is being driven by the growing trend of protecting exterior walls and upsurge in the construction of commercial buildings, including offices and institutions, in developed and developing economies. Market growth can also be ascribed to increasing demand for enhanced moisture management properties and energy-efficient solutions.
Furthermore, government regulations pertaining to green buildings remain a key driver of the market. For instance, the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) aims at improving the energy performance of buildings, while considering indoor and outdoor climate conditions, local requirements, and cost-effectiveness. The directive is pertinent to new and old buildings, which are under the process of renovation. Curtain walls systems decrease HVAC costs and improve building energy efficiency.
Aluminum Curtain Wall Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global aluminum curtain wall market based on type, application, and region:
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into stick-built, semi-unitized, unitized.
- The aluminum curtain wall can be broadly segmented into three types, stick-built, semi-unitized, and unitized. Unitized aluminum curtain wall systems accounted for more than 60% of the total market share in 2019 and the segment is anticipated to exhibit the fastest CAGR over the forecast period.
- This growth can be ascribed to numerous benefits, such as low labor costs, low installation costs, reduced site operations, increased energy efficiency, and high quality, provided by the systems.
- The fabrication process for unitized systems is reliable as the systems are constructed in an assembly line process under controlled conditions.
- The stick-built segment accounted for a significant market share in 2019 and is expected to witness a CAGR exceeding 9.0% over the forecast period. These systems facilitate easy detailing of connections and larger tolerances in a building structure, as the system assembling takes place on-site.
- The semi-unitized segment is likely to witness a moderate growth rate in 2027. The growth can be ascribed to the benefits offered as these systems have huge labor requirements for field jointing work and require high erection time.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into commercial, residential.
- The commercial segment dominated the market for aluminum curtain wall with a value of over USD 20.0 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 9.5% from 2020 to 2027.
- It is likely to remain an essential segment in emerging economies, owing to the growing demand for high-end entertainment, and recreational and shopping complexes.
- Besides, developed regions governed by regulations on green buildings are leaning toward aluminum curtain walls.
- Additionally, the segment is anticipated to witness significant growth due to increasing demand for retail spaces and rising disposable income that has directly translated into increased spending on consumer goods.
- The residential segment is expected to exhibit a CAGR exceeding 8.5% from 2020 to 2027. The residential vertical is anticipated to offer sound growth opportunities for all players involved in the value chain of the market for aluminum curtain wall.
- The growth can be attributed to the prompt recovery of the U.S. housing market and an increase in residential construction activities across developing and developed economies. Developing countries are likely to have more demand for residential construction activities.
Aluminum Curtain Wall Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market includes the presence of large-scale and medium-scale aluminum curtain wall manufacturers. Furthermore, they are emphasizing on strengthening their regional presence by collaborating with other companies for augmenting their market presence and achieving a competitive edge.
Some prominent players in the global aluminum curtain wall market include:
- Alumil Aluminium Industry S.A.
- EFCO Corporation
- GUTMANN AG
- HansenGroup Ltd.
- Kawneer Company, Inc.
Order a free sample PDF of the Aluminum Curtain Wall Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.