A lot of users complain that QuickBooks has stopped working issue while working on the QuickBooks Desktop application. They sometimes encounter the error with error messages, “A problem caused the program to stop working correctly” or “Windows is checking for a solution to the problem.” The error usually occurs due to damaged program files and QuickBooks Desktop. Keep reading the blog to learn more about QuickBooks has stopped working error, its causes, and solutions, so read carefully until the end.
If you need direct assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals to resolve QuickBooks has stopped working issue, simply call us at our customer support number +1-800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals
Reasons for QuickBooks not responding error
It is important to know what prompts the error before proceeding to the troubleshooting techniques. Given below is the list of causes behind the error:
- A damaged or missing QBWUSER.ini file.
- You are not running the latest update of QuickBooks.
- The company file name is too long.
Let us walk you through the complete blog for quick troubleshooting solutions.
Solutions to Solve QuickBooks Desktop is unresponsive error
Solution 1. Fix the damaged QBWUSER.INI file by renaming
As you know, a damaged QBWUSER.ini file can trigger the error. So, fix the damage by renaming the files using the steps given below:
- Locate and open the folder containing the QBWUSER.ini file.
- If the folder is not visible, you need to enable hidden files and folders.
- By right-clicking the QBWUSER.ini file, select the Rename option.
- Change the name by writing .old at the end.
- Also, rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
Start QuickBooks again. If you still get the error, try the next solution.
You may also Read : QuickBooks error 15271
Solution 2. Resolve the issue by running Quick Fix my Program
To use the Quick Fix my Program Tool, you need to have QuickBooks Tool Hub on your workstation. If you haven’t already, follow these steps to download and install it:
- Quit QuickBooks and download the newest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the downloaded file to the Downloads folder so you can easily find it.
- Go to the Downloads folder and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Start performing the on-screen instructions to install the tool hub and agree to the terms and conditions.
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on your desktop once the install completes.
- Double-click the icon to open the tool hub and choose Program Problems.
- Click Quick Fix my Program.
- Let the tool repair the program.
- Restart QuickBooks and try to open the company file.
If the error recurs, proceed to the following solution.
Solution 3. Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the Tool Hub
The tool will automatically diagnose and resolve issues related to Microsoft components that QuickBooks uses. The following steps will help you run the tool:
- Reopen the QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose the Programs Problems tab.
- Click QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool.
- Let the tool complete the repair the component.
- Once the tool completes, reboot your computer and start QuickBooks.
We hope the troubleshooting solutions discussed in the blog help you fix QuickBooks has stopped working issue. If you still have any confusion, get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our toll-free number +1-800-579-9430.
Related Article : QuickBooks data recovery