Brushless DC Motor Industry Overview
The global brushless DC motor market size is expected to reach USD 26.3 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 5.7% from 2021 to 2028, according to a study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. These motors are thermally resistant, require low maintenance, and operate at low temperatures, eliminating any threat of sparks. Low-cost maintenance, high efficiency at lower costs, and the rising adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) are some of the key factors driving the product demand over the forecast period.
Brushless DC Motor Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global brushless DC motor market based on power output, end-use, and region:
Based on the Power Output Insights, the market is segmented into 0 – 750 Watts, 750 Watts to 3 kW, 3 kW – 75 kW, Above 75 kW.
- The 0-750 watts segment dominated the market with a share of 47.6% in 2020. This high share is attributed to the wide usage of these products in numerous applications, such as fans, pumps, compressors, machine tools, domestic appliances, electric cars, HVAC applications, power tools, and automated robots.
- The high-efficiency BLDC motors are gaining importance due to their long operating life, lower maintenance, low energy consumption, and a higher tolerance for fluctuating voltages.
- The rising demand for fractional power BLDC motors for various machinery from the agriculture sector in China and India further boosts the product demand.
- The above 75kW segment is expected to witness substantial growth from 2021 to 2028. This is owing to advantages, such as better performance, in terms of efficiency and reliability over the traditional DC motors with the same power output rating.
- BLDC motors are used for a variety of industrial applications, such as milling, drilling, and grinding, deployed in industrial machinery, such as the CNC machines.
- Growing consumer awareness and government policies concerning energy conservation are also predicted to drive the market over the forecast period.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into Industrial Machinery, Motor Vehicles, HVAC Equipment, Aerospace & Transportation, Household Appliances, Others.
- The motor vehicle segment dominated the market with a share of 27.6% in 2020. It is also anticipated to emerge as the fastest-growing segment at a CAGR of over 6% from 2021 to 2028.
- The automobile industry uses motors of different types and specifications for numerous applications. Brushless DC motors are preferred over conventional powertrains primarily due to the absence of brushes resulting in less friction.
- Reduction in friction ensures less wear and tear of the BLDC motor ultimately resulting in a reduction of maintenance required. These motors are thus ideal for numerous applications in motorized vehicles.
- The comfort segment acquired the highest share in 2020 and is expected to register the fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028.
- Comfort motors are primarily used in automatic window operations, sun-roof actuators, mirror adjusters, air conditioning, and HVAC systems.
- Multiple powertrains are required for each of the applications mentioned above, which are subsequently expected to drive the product demand in vehicles by 2028.
- This growth is attributed to the deployment of such equipment in complex industrial applications, such as feeder drives, extruders, and robotics.
- Technological advancements have resulted in increased efficiency of these motors, which is further expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
Brushless DC Motor Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market is fragmented in nature with the top players accounting for an estimated 30% share of the overall revenue. These key players are focusing on mergers and acquisitions to expand and diversify their product offerings. In addition, companies are also providing retrofitting solutions for the existing products.
Some prominent players in the global brushless DC motor market include:
- ABB Ltd.
- Ametek, Inc.
- Johnson Electric
- Allied Motion Technologies, Inc.
- Baldor Electric Company, Inc.
- Johnson Electric
- North American Electric, Inc.
- Schneider Electric
- Regal Beloit Corp.
Ordera free sample PDF of the Brushless DC Motor Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.