Canon printers have been used for a very long time in the whole world. We all know how reliable the Canon printers are, be it feature satisfaction or its service, everything is top-notch as it produces natural-looking and super glossy photos hence canon printers are preferred when you want to produce exceptional and natural glossy photos. Canon makes one of the best printers in the world with very good customer service. So have a look at the mind-blowing features of canon printers.
- Compatible with multiple OS.
- 2 fine cartridges including black and color.
- Print on both sides of the sheet.
- Supports borderless printing.
- Dye-based quality ink.
So now let’s take a look into the process of https://ij.start.canon setup.
Canon ij setup
Basically, there are three main steps for canon.com ij setup which include –
- Preparation of the printer.
- Installing the Print Head.
- Installation of Ink Tanks.
- Installing the driver & setting up
Here is the elaborated process for the above-mentioned steps.
PREPARATION OF THE PRINTER
- Firstly, you will need a flat surface on which you can put your printer; the surface should be horizontal and also make sure that there is nothing placed in front of the printer, that space should be empty. Following this, you have to open the front tray and extend the output tray Extension. But keep in mind that before turning the printer on, you need to remove all the shipping tapes which are attached to the printer.
- Now it’s time to plug one part of the power cord into the back of the printer and the other one should be plugged at the wall outlet wherever the power supply is. USB cable can only be connected once the software is installed and insert the cord properly into the socket as it may not work if it’s loose.
- Now turn the printer on by pressing the POWER button.
- When you open the Top cover, The Print Head Holder will move towards the centre.
INSTALLING THE PRINT HEAD
- For installing the print head, first you need to take the Print head out of it’s package but be careful because you can get ink on yourself while handling the print head as some transparent or light blue ink can come inside the protective cap but it will no way harm the print quality.
- Remove and discard the orange protective cap which is placed on the Print head but make sure you are not touching the nozzles of the print head and the electrical contacts.
- Then you have to carefully lift up the Print Head Lock Lever until it stops and it may feel a little heavy while lifting it up.
- Now carefully insert the Print Head.
- Push the Print Head gently and it will hold its place now carefully lower the Print Head Lock Lever. Make sure that the Top cover is not left open for more than 10 minutes because it will move to the right but in case this happens, just close and then reopen the holder and bring it to the centre.
- Thereafter inspect if the Print head is installed in the correct way or not. Now check that the Print head is pushed down and locked at its place. If it is not sitting properly at its place, then remove and reinstall the Print Head once again.
INSTALLING THE INK TANKS
- Remove the film completely by pulling off the orange tape with which it is covered.
- Peel off the tape from the bottom of the ink tank and dispose of it but don’t touch the ink port while doing it and also stay away from the electrical contacts and do the whole process without pressing the ink tank.
- Now insert the ink tank in the slot given on the right side and after doing this you need to click the push mark.
- Now the ink lamp will flash red. Now install all ink tanks according to the colored label that is right to left.
- Next, shut the top cover. Now the printer will start operating and it will make some noise for around 2 minutes. You need to wait till it stops making noise. And when you are printing for the first or second time, the printer will take one or two minutes before it is ready to print your work.
- Thereafter your com ij setup is complete and you can now enjoy your prints.
INSTALLING THE DRIVER & SETTING UP
- Install the correct compatible driver from the https://ij.start.cannon Install it rightly
- And add the Canon printer to your device according to the instructional prompts coming on the screen.
Frequently asked questions
- How to connect your canon ij scan utility printer to your computer?
Firstly, you have to connect your computer or laptop to the canon printer with the help of a USB (canon.com/ijsetup) .then you have to click the start button on your PC and following that click on the option named “devices” and then choose the option named as “printers”. After this, you have to tap on add printer option and then tap on adding a local printer and then select the name of your printer and hence your printer will be connected to your PC.
- How to fix printing issues in your canon.com ij setup printer?
So first we need to know what the cause of this problem is or why it is occurring. Get a one-line description of the solution as well:
- Paper jam
- You can open the printer and then clean the jammed papers stuck in the printer if needed
- If the canon.com ij setup printer driver gets outdated
- Download the recently updated one from the official website.
- If your network connection is slow or not secured
- Now to fix this, first, make sure that your printer is connected to a good Wi-Fi network.
- If the paper which is loaded is unmatched in size
- Fit in the correct sized papers.
- Print jobs may be stuck in print queue
- Tap the printer menu and clean the print queue and then your documents will be printed very fluently.
I hope you collected some knowledge about canon.com/ij setup and all your issues regarding the canon.com/ijsetup are resolved. If you are still facing any issues you may contact the support panel of Canon.