Cloud-Based Dental Practice Management Software Industry Overview
The global cloud-based dental practice management software market size was valued at USD 571.5 million in 2021 and is estimated to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.18% from 2022 to 2030.
Continuous technical advancements in the sector, favorable government initiatives in the oral healthcare business, and an increasing number of dental practices are factors driving market expansion. The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITEC) Act encourages and accelerates the use of health information technology in the United States. The HITEC Act was enacted to improve healthcare delivery and offer patients with high-quality services.
It is expected that the use of healthcare IT systems, particularly by specialized clinics such as dental offices, will boost insurance coverage. These factors are projected to boost demand for oral treatments in the future, necessitating the use of cloud-based dental practice management (DPM) software.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Cloud-Based Dental Practice Management Software Market
In recent years, oral clinics have seen increased footfall, and this trend is projected to continue. According to the American Dental Association (ADA), there were 201,117 dentists practicing in the United States in 2020. The dentist workforce is predicted to grow rapidly, with 67 dentists per 100,000 people in 2040, according to the American Health Policy Institute.
According to the National Statistics Institute of Spain, there are around 21,638 oral clinics in Spain. The rise in dental practices can be attributed to increased awareness & demand for oral care over the years. Furthermore, the rising trend of cosmetic dentistry is anticipated to drive the demand for DPM platforms.
There has been a rise in the number of dental visits in recent years. This can be attributed to the rising incidence of cavities and other oral problems in the last decade and increasing awareness about oral care & hygiene. Oral problems have increased as a result of the shift in diet toward fast foods and foods high in sugar.
According to the National Center for Health Statistics, dental caries affect 13% of children and 26% of adults in the United States. According to the National Center for Health Statistics, around 63% of the population over the age of 18 had a dental visit in 2020. This is expected to drive cloud-based DPM software market growth.
The increase in the number of patients visiting dentists has been adding to the difficulty of dentists in appointment scheduling and patient data management, thus creating the need for advanced DPM software such as the Dentrix Ascend, Tab32, and others. There has been increased oral health consciousness in the last few years, which is leading to a high number of oral visits as a precaution every 6 months in most countries. Growing awareness and increasing patient visits are among the major factors boosting the market.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
- Dental Compressors Market – The global dental compressors market size was valued at USD 360.9 million in 2022 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.0% from 2023 to 2030.
- Dental 3D Printing Market – The global dental 3D printing market size was valued at USD 2.5 billion in 2022 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 26.1% from 2023 to 2030.
Market Share Insights
- June 2021: Planet DDS announced the launch of internal & external referral management tools with Denticon software allowing dentists to track & manage referrals with external providers or within a group.
- April 2021: Henry Schein One announced the release of the new Dentrix imaging center. A software module in the most recent software update that allows dentists to handle all pictures from Dentrix version G7.3 or higher.
- April 2018: Patterson Dental launched a new cloud management software “Fuse” to aid dentists in scheduling patients and connecting reports.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global cloud-based dental practice management software market include
- Cd Nevco, LLC (Curve Dental)
- Henry Schein One
- Planet DDS
- Carestream Dental LLC
Order a free sample PDF of the Cloud-Based Dental Practice Management Software Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.