The QuickBooks fatal error is basically an unrecoverable error. If you are wondering when does it occur, then know that it can trigger in different circumstances. Let us look into this matter briefly. As the QuickBooks application offers a plethora of services, you can receive the error even while operating any of them. For example, the issue can take place when your company file is running, or you take a backup of the data file. Apart from this, you can also incur the problem while launching or closing QB or while accessing an online bank account via QB. To fix this error, refer to this blog.
Call us at our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391 for help regarding the fatal error in QuickBooks. One of our experts will guide you through until the error gets resolved.
Prime Causes of the Fatal Error Code in QuickBooks
You must be eager to know why you are incurring such an error repeatedly. Have a look at the points below. We have explained all the major reasons for the problem-
- At first, you must check for the QuickBooks Desktop update as your QB Desktop might be outdated, and hence, you are encountering the issue.
- It is also possible that you have not updated your Windows operating system, which is hampering the functioning of the QuickBooks software.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Won’t Open
How to Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Unrecoverable Error Instantly?
Are you going through a fatal error in QuickBooks but do not know how to deal with it? Have you been trying to get rid of it? In this section of the article, we will focus on the troubleshooting methods and elaborate on each step precisely. Make sure to follow the entire process carefully-
SOLUTION 1: Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub to Make Use of Quick Fix my Program Tool
- At first, make sure you have the QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your computer. If not, download its current version and save the downloaded file.
- To start the installation process, run the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file and proceed with the instructions prompted on the screen.
- After you have completed installing the software, click twice on the application icon to open it.
- Now, move to the ‘Program Problems’ menu and hit the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ tool.
- Once the tool removes the error, go to your QuickBooks Desktop to access the company file.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15241
SOLUTION 2: Download and Install Your QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Release
- Close the QuickBooks application if using it.
- Click on the Windows ‘Start’ button and locate the QB application.
- Choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option by right-clicking on the QB icon.
- Now, go to the No Company Open screen and select the ‘Help’ menu.
- Hit ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ and move to the ‘Options’ menu.
- Tap ‘Mark All’ and ‘Save’.
- Shift to the ‘Update Now’ tab and checkmark the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- Click ‘Get Updates’ to download the newest updates.
- Once done, exit and re-launch QuickBooks to install the updates.
We understand how challenging it can be to come across such obstacles while working on the application. We hope the article on QuickBooks fatal error has been helpful to you. In case you still face any problems, reach out to our technical support team through 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15106