Do you receive a QuickBooks XML error when trying to access the Point of Sale in QuickBooks Desktop? Whenever the issue arises, a dialog box pops up with either of the two messages written on it, which says, “There is an error in XML document (0, 0)” or“ Error: Process could not access file C:\ProgramData\EntitlementClient\v(x)\SessionData.xml because it is being used by another process”. Follow this explanatory blog to get an in-depth insight into the causes of the error and the simple ways to debug it.
We provide round-the-clock QuickBooks assistance for our users who encounter different errors in QuickBooks. If you need any technical help related to QuickBooks XML error, speak to our team of certified professionals via our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391
What Provokes XML Error in QuickBooks?
In this part of the article, we have listed a couple of reasons behind the QB XML error-
- You might face the error if the SessionData.xml file has been critically damaged.
- Damage in the Point of Sale Entitlement Client Folder in QuickBooks can also cause the error.
To learn how to fix the issue, move to the next section of the blog.
Ways to Get Rid of QuickBooks Desktop XML Error
Are you tired of searching for some instant and efficient troubleshooting methods to resolve the XML error in QuickBooks? You must go through the solutions below in order to rectify the problem entirely-
Read also: QuickBooks Error PS101
SOLUTION 1: Go to Intuit’s Entitlement Folder to Delete Files
Deleting the files in the entitlement data folder will force QuickBooks to create new ones that are free of corruption. This will eventually help resolve the error in the application.
- To access the ‘Run’ dialog box, press the ‘ Windows + R ‘ Keys on your keyboard.
- Enter ‘Services.msc’ and click ‘OK’.
- Now, right-click on ‘Intuit Entitlement Service vX’ and then hit ‘Stop’.
- Exit the page and proceed with the steps to display hidden files and folders.
- Next, choose ‘Show hidden files, folders and drives’.
- Deselect the ‘Hide protected system operating files’.
- Move to the left window and follow the path- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vX.
- At last, delete all the files from the folder.
read also : QuickBooks Error 179
SOLUTION 2: Fix the Point of Sale in QuickBooks Desktop
- If you are already using Point of Sale, close it.
- Go to ‘My Computer’ or ‘The PC’.
- Tap on the ‘Uninstall or change a program’ option and choose your QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- Now, hit ‘Uninstall/ Change’.
- The Point of Sale Installation window will appear. Tap ‘Next’ and then the ‘Repair radio’ option.
- Hit ‘Next’, ‘Repair’, and finally, ‘Finish’.
The article concludes here, and we hope we were able to provide you with sufficient information on the QuickBooks XML error. In addition, the troubleshooting methods should help you in fixing the error permanently. If the error persists, even after performing the given solutions, consult one of our experts from the QuickBooks tech team at 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks error 6147