QuickBooks has risen to fame due to its extensive features and latest tools. One other reason why this is the highest grossing accounting application for most small business owners around the globe, is its easy to operate user interface. Despite all of these favourable benefits, the application is bound to incur issues like QuickBooks Error 80070057 (The parameter is incorrect) while accessing the company file. As a result, users are forced to get frustrated over an error that comes up while performing one of the most basic tasks of the program. Let us get a better view of this error, by having a quick read of the blog below.
We understand the struggle you have to go through to resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057. So, why worry, when a professional can do it for you? Dial 1-855-856-0042 right now to get hold of one!
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 15276
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
- An incorrectly configured Windows Firewall system can lead to this error.
- Not accessing the company file from the right default location.
- If the file is not stored on the local drive, instead it is on an external storage device.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Message 80070057?
Talking about the ways to troubleshoot error 80070057 in QuickBooks, here are some reliable methods to cure the problem –
Method 1 – Move the Company File back to Default Location
- Press the F2 key to open the Product Information window in QuickBooks and copy the company file location from this window.
- Exit from all running QB tasks and files.
- Click on the Windows menu, paste the location you copied and hit the Enter key.
- When directed to the location window, go to your company file, one with the .QBW extension.
- Click right on the file and select the Copy option.
- Now, navigate to the default location of the file which is, C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files, click right and Paste.
- Now, open QuickBooks and hit the “Find a Company File” option.
- Choose Local Drives and select the company file from the default location. Press the Open button.
Method 2 – Change the Name of the QuickBooks Network Data File
- If QuickBooks is running on your system, close all of its screens.
- Navigate to the location where your QB folder is stored, which is usually in C: drive.
- Here you need to find the file that has the same name as your company file but a different extension – .ND. This is the Network Data file (company file name.qbw.nd).
- Right click on this file and tap on the Rename option.
- Now, add .OLD extension to the name of the file (company file name.qbw.nd.old).
- Open QuickBooks and your company file. QB will automatically create a new ND file.
Finally, we have reached the end of our blog on QuickBooks Error 80070057, where have discussed about the factors that can trigger the issue and the techniques that can erase them for good. We hope that the information above helped you in attaining your goal of eliminating it. If not, it is best to get things checked by a QuickBooks Pro Advisor tech expert at 1-855-856-0042 at the time of your convenience.
You may also read | QuickBooks Error 15271