Europe Polypropylene In 3D Printing Industry Overview
The Europe polypropylene in 3D printing market size is expected to reach USD 4,084.44 thousand by 2030. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 15.2% from 2022 to 2030. The regional market is expected to register growth due to the high adoption of polymers in implants, on account of their abrasion resistance, chemical resistance, and durability. The demand for electric vehicles and the growing utilization of high-performance and lightweight plastic components by many manufacturers is further expected to drive the polypropylene in 3D printing market growth in Europe.
Europe Polypropylene In 3D Printing Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the Europe polypropylene in 3D printing market based on form, end-use, and country:
Based on the Form Insights, the market is segmented into Filament and Powder
- The filament segment dominated the Europe polypropylene in 3D printing market based on form, and accounted for more than 74% of the overall revenue share in 2021. Polypropylene exhibits good fatigue resistance, heat resistance, and lightweight characteristics, which are suitable for 3D printing
- Powder 3D printing technology is used to print various materials, including fewer common ones like silica and metal. FDM 3D printing technology is limited to thermoplastics, whereas the powder 3D printing technology can include materials other than thermoplastics, making them suitable to handle more complex prints.
Based on the End-Use Insights, the market is segmented into Automotive, Medical, Aerospace & Defense, Consumer Goods
- Automotive dominated the end-use segment for the polypropylene in 3D printing market in Europe, and accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 32.0% in 2021. The automotive sector has witnessed a growing popularity post the COVID-19 pandemic amid the rising trend of electric vehicles. The increasing demand for electric vehicles is expected to create growth opportunities for players operating in the polypropylene in the 3D printing market during the forecast period.
- Medical technology demands biocompatible, chemical resistant, and sterilizable materials along with other properties, including flexibility and break resistance. Polypropylene grades are considered skin-friendly and classified as not harmful to health, and fulfill the requirement of orthopedic aids such as lightweight, crack resistance, biocompatibility, and semi-flexibility.
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
In December 2021, Braskem started an Amazon E-Commerce store to make polypropylene filaments for 3D printing accessible to the public. Braskem and Xenon Arc collaborated to develop the first consumer-facing e-commerce platform of the company on Amazon.
Some of the prominent players operating in the Europe polypropylene in 3D printing market include:
- BASF SE
- LyondellBasell Industries Holding B.V.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Covestro AG
- RECREUS INDUSTRIES S.L.
Order a free sample PDF of the Europe Polypropylene In 3D Printing Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.