Gesture Recognition Industry Overview
The gesture recognition market size was valued at USD 14.08 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.1% from 2022 to 2030.
The market is expected to benefit from increasing per capita incomes globally, technological advancements, and increasing digitization across industries such as automotive, consumer electronics, and healthcare. The rising use of consumer electronics, growing implementation of the Internet of Things (IoT), and increasing need for comfort and convenience in product usage are also driving market growth.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Gesture Recognition Market
Gesture recognition is the conversion of a hominid movement or gesture to a machine command using a mathematical algorithm. The technology enables any person to interact with a machine using human gestures and movements, such as the movement of hands, fingers, arms, head, or the entire body. It allows the user to operate and control devices merely with these gestures without the need for physical devices such as touch screens, keyboards, and mouses. For instance, users can move a cursor by simply pointing their finger at a screen.
Gesture recognition technology has improved the usability of several machines and the adoption of many innovative applications in various industries. It processes the information conveyed by humans through gestures or speech. The machine identifies the gesture types and converts sign language symbols into text through language recognition technology. The direction in which the user points helps process and interpret gestures with accuracy.
Hand gesture recognition is one of the most popular research areas in Human-Machine Interaction (HMI) and Human-Computer Interaction (HCI). Its applications range from medical rehabilitation to consumer electronics control. Different sensing techniques are used to identify hand gestures and obtain signals for pattern recognition.
Several kinds of prototypes have been developed to make hand gesture recognition more cost-effective than traditional interface devices such as keyboards and mouses. The increased interest of leading vendors can be attributed to the fact that hand gestures are highly expressive and interact well with the environment or share information efficiently.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Next Generation Technologies Industry Research Reports.
- Digital Identity Solutions Market – The global digital identity solutions market size was valued at USD 27,508.5 million in 2022 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.2% from 2023 to 2030.
- Architectural Services Market – The global architectural services market was valued at USD 359.98 billion in 2022 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% from 2023 to 2030.
Market Share Insights
- September 2021: Alcatraz AI, a provider of physical security technologies solutions, introduced its new authentication solution, the Rock. The solution helped minimize touchpoints and offered facemask verification to ensure the maximum safety of employees amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- January 2020: Cerence Inc., a developer of AI assistance technology for automobiles, introduced innovations across its Clarence Drive platform, including button-free, gesture-based interactions to create a natural and human-like in-car experience.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global gesture recognition market include
- Alphabet Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Cognitec Systems GmbH
- Eyesight Technologies Ltd.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Intel Corporation
- Microchip Technology Incorporated
- Microsoft Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors
- Omnivision Technologies, Inc.
- Synaptics Incorporated
Order a free sample PDF of the Gesture Recognition Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.