You can experience QuickBooks Error 404 during installing, updating or even while running QuickBooks Desktop on your system. The error sometimes occurs because of Windows Firewall; it restricts the connection between the internet and your QuickBooks Desktop. However, there are other reasons too, because of which you encounter Error 404 in your QuickBooks Desktop. Read our entire blog to understand the different factors that causes QuickBooks Error 404 to display on your screen. Besides, you will also find some easy troubleshooting methods to deal with the error.
Error 404 in your QuickBooks Desktop is common and can appear when using QuickBooks or while Installing or updating it. To learn more about it in detail, feel free to connect with our QuickBooks technical team through 1.800.579.0391
Why am I facing QuickBooks Desktop Error 404?
Error 404 is a standard error that occurs in various applications. If you face Error 404 in QuickBooks Desktop, then the following could be the reasons-
- There must be some problem with the QuickBooks Desktop installation process.
- Your internet connection is not stable or slow.
- Your Windows desktop contains some registry errors.
- Your files in Windows or/and QuickBooks might have been infected with a virus or malware.
- QuickBooks installation files are either deleted or missing.
Troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks Error 404
There are some ways through which you can get rid of Error 404 in your QuickBooks Desktop. Below mentioned are those solutions-
SOLUTION 1: Switch to a private browser to open QuickBooks Online
Google Chrome is a widely used browser. To go to incognito mode, press the following keys- Ctrl + Shift + N.
- Open your browser and tap on ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ located on the top right. (The icon is designed as three vertical dots).
- Once you click on it, you will see ‘New Incognito Window’ option.
- Now, click on New Incognito Window option. A new private window will appear.
- At last, open your QuickBooks account.
SOLUTION 2: Clear Cache and Cookies from the browser
- Go to your Windows desktop and open Google Chrome.
- Tap on ‘More’. You will find the option at the top of the screen on the extreme right.
- Select ‘More Tools’ and click ‘Clear browsing data’.
- ‘Time Range’ will also appear at the top. Tap on ‘All time’ in order to remove everything.
- Select the checkboxes, ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached Images and Files’.
- Finally, choose the option ‘Clear Data’.
SOLUTION 3: Update your browser
- Run Google Chrome on your system.
- At the extreme top right, you will see an option that says ‘More’ which you must select.
- Now tap on ‘Update Google Chrome’.
- Lastly, select ‘Re-launch’ Chrome.
Next time you face QuickBooks Error 404 on your system, try the troubleshooting as mentioned above to restore your QuickBooks. You can also get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team at 1.800.579.0391 for better help and assistance resolving errors in QuickBooks Desktop.