QuickBooks is a hub of technical faults, for example, company file issues, installation issues, update issues etc. Today we are going to talk about one such company file issue. Commonly known as the run-time error, QuickBooks Error 6189 816 arises mainly when any other user tries to access the company file in an incorrectly configured multi-user mode or the single-user mode. This can also be understood when a warning comes up on the screen saying “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.” So, let us dive deep into this error and gain a better understanding of the concepts around it.
Frustrated with facing QuickBooks Error 6189 816 on your device again and again? Try consulting one of our pro-advisors at 1-855-856-0042 for the perfect solution once and for all.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 6177
What are the Primary Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816?
- When the QB component file (Transaction Log) has incurred a damage within.
- Insufficient permission access to the QuickBooks folder.
- If a user is operating the company file on the single-user mode.
- A corrupted QB installation file can also lead to error 6189 816 in QuickBooks.
- Sudden invasion of a virus or malware on the device.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Message 6189 816?
These are the ways to eliminate error 6189 816 permanently from your computer –
Solution 1- Make Use of the the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool from the QB Tool Hub
- First you need to close all the running screens of QuickBooks.
- Now, you must download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s website.
- Save the file at such a location that is easy to access, like your desktop or the folder in which all your QB files are stored.
- Click twice on the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and follow the on-screen wizard to initiate and complete the installation process.
- Tap on the Installation Issues button and choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Allow the tool to rxun a complete scan on your device, this could take up to 15 – 20 mins.
- After this is over, reopen QuickBooks and your company file.
Solution 2 – Remove and Re-create the Transaction Log file
- Press and hold the Windows key + R on your keyboard to trigger the File Explorer window.
- When directed to a different screen, navigate to the folder with the QuickBooks files. It is usually stored on the C: Drive.
- Once you get to the folder, search for the file with the .TLG extension connected to it. This is your Transaction Log file. This file will have a name identical to your company file.
- Click right on the file and select Delete.
- Open QuickBooks and your company file. It will automatically create a new .TLG file.
This blog was aimed to cover all the significant points around QuickBooks Error 6189 816 including its causes and solutions. If you feel stuck at any part of the blog, or require additional support in carrying out the instructions mentioned above, feel free to connect with our QuickBooks Pro Advisor tech experts at 1-855-856-0042.
You may also read | quickbooks black and white screen