QuickBooks is a multi-dimensional accounting application that inculcates numerous features to support users in running their business. One of the most vital features in the app is the Multi-user mode, wherein multiple users can access the software simultaneously. However, a minor misconfiguration in the settings of this mode can lead to massive blunders. One of which is the QuickBooks Error H505, which mainly comes up when a user tries to switch to the multi-user mode. Go through our blog below to get an in depth understanding of the whats and hows of this error.
If you are looking for an expert to help you with QuickBooks Error H505, you must get in touch with our pro-advisor team at 1-855-856-0042.
You may also read : QuickBooks database server manager stopped
Factors Provoking QuickBooks Error Code H505
- Improper hosting mode settings in QuickBooks.
- If the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not active on your device.
- The folder in which the QB files are stored is damaged.
Quick Fixes for QuickBooks Error Message H505
Follow the solutions mentioned below to resolve error H505 in QuickBooks –
Read More | QuickBooks error 179
Method 1 – Check Multi-User Mode Settings in the Host and the Workstations
We need to ensure that no workstation has the multi-user mode enabled on it. Only the server computer should be hosting the company file –
- Go to one of your workstations and open QuickBooks. Do not access your company file.
- Click on the File menu and go to the Utilities option.
- There are two possibilities now –
i. If you see the “Host Multi-User Access” option, ignore it and move to the next station.
ii. If the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” option is displayed, choose it.
- Perform these steps on all the workstations.
- Next, move to your server computer.
- Open QuickBooks, click on the File menu and select Utilities.
- You need to follow similar troubleshooting as above –
i. If “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” shows up, skip it.
ii. If “Host Multi-User Access” is displayed, tap on it.
Method 2 – Verify if the QuickBooks Services are Running Actively on the Host
- Move to your Server computer.
- Press and hold the Windows key + R on your keyboard to trigger the Run window on your screen.
- In the search panel, type MSC and hit the OK button.
- When a new window is displayed, look for QuickBooksDBXX (XX – year version) in the given list and click on it.
- Go to the Properties tab and under the Start type, select Automatic.
- You must also check that the Service Status reflects as Running or Started.
- Next, you need to click on the Recovery tab and select the “Restart the Service” option for the type of failures mentioned.
- Hit the Apply button and tap on OK.
- Now repeat from step 4 of this troubleshooting method for QBCF Monitor Service.
We have made our best possible efforts to provide you with the most fruitful information to help you efficiently understand and eliminate QuickBooks Error H505. If the error does not go away, it is best to get things checked by a certified pro-advisor to prevent further damage. Dial 1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks won’t open