Some shoppers walk into a furniture or mattress store with limited knowledge of what they need. Similar to buying a car, this is an unfortunate time: often the buyer doesn’t get the right mattress or the right price.
But whether you’re shopping for a car or a bed, arming yourself with the knowledge you need to make the right decisions is essential. The following mattress shopping tips can help you walk out of the store with the best mattress, at the best price!
understand your needs
If you wanted a sedan, why would you look at SUVs and sports cars? The same idea applies when shopping for mattresses, so it’s critical that you narrow down your selection a bit:
- Sizes: What mattress size(s) do you need? Whether it’s for a specific space or not, you should have an idea if you’re looking for a twin, queen, king, or other size mattress. Measure ahead so you know what will fit and what won’t!
- Types: Don’t worry too much about knowing the details of each type of mattress. You may have preferences based on your experience, or you might actually enjoy the benefits of a certain type of mattress, such as motion absorption in memory foam and high-quality innerspring models.
- Top Brands: Look around you for the brands you’ll be dealing with when you go shopping. What brands do you feel comfortable with? Which ones offer good warranties?
Get the best price
This is where things get interesting. Getting the mattress of your dreams at the right time could be the difference in saving $100, $500 or even more!
There are a few tips for buying inner mattresses to stretch your dollar to the max:
- Check sales: Retailers like Sleep Outfitters regularly have mattresses for sale. You can keep track of these great sales by checking in regularly and even looking at social networks like Facebook and Twitter to find retailers you trust. You have to strike when the iron is hot!
- The Bottom Line: As an extension of a sale, you need to consider what you’ll get at the end of the transaction. Many sales will include a free box spring or other incentive, which will reduce the total cost of a new bed. Remember that a bed is a frame, a box spring and a mattress (in most cases)! Who doesn’t love cheap or free box springs, pillows and more!
- Peace of mind: What about financing? What if you find a better price or don’t love your mattress? Major retailers like Sleep Outfitters will once again offer flexibility and price/comfort promises to give you peace of mind and lots of it.
taking it to the store
What’s left? You need to take your knowledge and smart mattress buying tips to the store to get the mattress of your dreams!
The most important thing you can do is experiment with different mattresses. Just like testing a car’s handling, power, and suspension, you should try different mattresses to see which one you like best.
Pay attention to the firmness, support, and overall feel of the mattresses. What feels best for your sleeping position(s) and your partner, if any? What mattress materials do you like, a blend of polyester and cotton or silk and cashmere?
Let the staff help you find what’s right for your needs. Once you put it all together, you can get the best price on a mattress you’ll love for years. Take one step at a time to make the right choice for your next dream bed!