Pet Allergy Treatment Drugs: Introduction
- Allergy to cats and dogs is extremely common and occurs in up to 25% of people with allergies. Cat allergies are twice as common as dog allergies.
- Cat allergens are produced in large amounts, particularly by male non-neutered cats. The allergens are partially under hormonal control. Cats produce a protein known as Fel d 1, which is allergenic to human beings when it is infected with bacteria or viruses.
- The infected protein is contained in a pet’s urine, saliva, and skin. The dead skin of pets, known as dander, is regularly sloughed off and replaced by new skin cells. The dander can flake off from a pet’s fur and become airborne. It can be carried on the clothing of people who have pets such as cats and dogs and then shed in public places.
- Therefore, pet allergens, especially that of cats and dogs, are a component of house dust even in homes where cats and dogs have never lived
Read Report Overview – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/pet-allergy-treatment-drugs-market.html
Key Drivers of Global Pet Allergy Treatment Drugs Market
- Rise in the adoption of cats and dogs as pets in households is expected to drive the global pet allergy treatmentdrugs market. According to data from Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Research 2018, allergies to dogs and cats affected 10% to 20% of the global population with allergic rhinoconjunctivitis and allergic asthma.
- Moreover, the same research stated that cat allergies are a growing public health concern, as their rates are increasing across the globe.
Antihistamines to be Highly Attractive Segment
- In terms of drug class, the global pet allergy treatment drugs market can be classified into antihistamines, decongestants, corticosteroid, and others
- The antihistamines segment is projected to account for significant share of the market in the near future. This is because antihistamines effectively bind to histamine molecules that are released during an allergy reaction. These reduce the effect of the histamine reaction, which is the primary allergic reaction.
Retail Pharmacies to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global pet allergy treatment drugs market can be divided into retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, and online pharmacies
- The retail pharmacies segment is projected to dominate the market. The segment is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This is because a large number of patients prefer to buy products through retail channels due the availability of drugs that can be purchased over-the-counter without prescriptions.
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Pet Allergy Treatment Drugs Market
- In terms of region, the global pet allergy treatment drugs market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global market in 2020. The region is projected to account for significant share of the global pet allergy treatment drugs market during the forecast period owing to high incidence of pet allergies.
- The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) 2017 report stated that an estimated 15% of the U.S. population is allergic to cats and dogs. High awareness about the effects of pet allergy on health and increase in presence of cats and dogs in homes in countries in Europe are resulting in a higher incidence of pets allergies. This is projected to augment the pet allergy treatment drugs market in Europe in the next few years.
Pre Book Pet Allergy Treatment Drugs Market Report- https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=61644<ype=S
Key Players Operating in Global Pet Allergy Treatment Drugs Market
The global pet allergy treatment drugs market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global pet allergy treatment drugs market are:
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Allergon AB
- HAL Allergy Group
- Allergy Therapeutics
- Teva Pharmaceutical
- Meda Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Stallergenes Greer
About Us Section:
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyse information. Now avail flexible Research Subscriptions, and access Research multi-format through downloadable databooks, infographics, charts, interactive playbook for data visualization and full reports through MarketNgage, the unified market intelligence engine. Sign Up for a 7 day free trial!
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453