Annoyed by QuickBooks Error 30159? Dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Experts Team for assistance.
Top Causes behind the 30159 Error in QuickBooks
- If you do not have any active payroll service subscription or if there is an invalid service key, then this error can occur.
- Problems in the ‘paysub.ini’ file that holds payroll subscription information can also trigger this error.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error PS033
Effective & Reliable Techniques to Resolve Payroll 30159 Error Code in QB Desktop
Technique 1: Validate the payroll service key & make sure that you possess an active payroll subscription to resolve this problem
- In this technique, you shall first reach the ‘Employees’ menu inside the QB Desktop application, after which you will be able to choose the ‘Manage Service Key’ option under the ‘My Payroll Service’ tab.
- At this step, the ‘Service Name’ of the payroll service and its current ‘Status’ will be displayed on the screen, and you need to make sure that the ‘Service Name’ is valid & the ‘Status’ is ‘Active’.
- After that, proceed to verify the service key; for that, just strike the ‘Edit’ button, and then you can go ahead to validate & modify the service key number.
- To move forward, click on the ‘Next’ button & then clear the ‘Open Payroll Setup’ checkbox, after which you can comfortably download the latest payroll updates by tapping the ‘Finish’ button on the computer.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly
Technique 2: Correctly rename the ‘paysub.ini’ file to ensure that it gets recreated by the QB Desktop application on the system
- In order to view the ‘paysub.ini’ file, you shall need to launch the ‘My Computer’ window to strike the ‘Organize’ tab and after that, move to the ‘View’ tab in the newly-opened ‘Folder Options’ window so that you can easily mark the ‘Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives’ checkbox.
- Thereafter, save the fresh settings of the ‘Folder Options’ window by hitting the ‘Apply’ and the ‘OK’ buttons, and then you can simply locate the ‘paysub.ini’ file on the screen to right-click on it.
- Now, choose the ‘Rename’ option to correctly add the word ‘oldvic’ to the end of the ‘paysub.ini’ file’s name: ‘paysub.ini.oldvic.’
- The same renaming process should be followed for all the ‘paysub.ini’ files that are shown on the screen, and once you have completed that process, this issue will get easily eradicated.
QuickBooks Error 30159 can surely be extirpated using the proper implementation of the techniques described above. For further guidance, dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly