While working on the QuickBooks Desktop application, many users have reported an error message that says: QuickBooks error 6073. QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user. It usually happens when they try to open the company file. The error indicates that the company file you are trying to open is either damaged or corrupted. Continue reading the blog to learn about causes and troubleshooting solutions to fix QuickBooks company file error 6073.
Are you getting QuickBooks error 6073? Don’t worry. Dial our toll-free number +1-800-579-9430 and seek troubleshooting assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 6073
The error mainly occurs if the file is being accessed with the help of remote software such as GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, etc. Some other causes that prompt the error are listed below:
- The company file is accessed by another user in single-user mode.
- There is some issue within the company file.
- The file is stored in the read-only network folder.
Now that you have read the causes given above, choose the most appropriate solutions to fix the error.
Best Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve QuickBooks error code 6073
By following the steps given below, you will run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to fix company file issues and manually fix the error:
Method 1. Rectify company file issues with the help of File Doctor Tool
The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is specially designed to resolve issues related to company files within QuickBooks. If you haven’t already, download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your workstation using the steps given below to run the tool:
- Exit QuickBooks and then download the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Go to Downloads and open the file you have downloaded to start the installation.
- Follow the on-screen steps and agree to the terms and conditions to complete the install process.
- After that, move to the desktop and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- Once the tool hub opens, select the Company File Issues tab.
- Click the Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool button.
- Go through the drop-down menu and choose your company file. If the file is not there, select Browse and search to find it.
- Further, mark the middle Check your file option and click Continue.
- Enter the QuickBooks admin password when required.
- Wait until the tool scans the company file.
Once the scan completes, open QuickBooks and then the company file. If you still get the same error message, proceed to the next method.
You may also Read : QuickBooks error 6147
Method 2. Fixing QuickBooks company file error 6073 manually
The following steps will work if the company file open on another computer in single-user mode:
- Close QuickBooks on all workstations.
- On your server computer, open the company file and select the File menu.
- Switch QuickBooks to multi-user mode by clicking the Switch to Multi-user mode button.
- If the issue continues, restart all workstations.
We know it’s challenging to perform troubleshooting in order to fix QuickBooks error 6073. But that’s all we can do to help you resolve the error. If you need direct assistance from the QuickBooks technical support team, call us on our toll-free number +1-800-579-9430.
Related Article : QuickBooks Data Service Solutions