A user should keep their company file free from errors or else it can result in some unrecoverable errors. In this blog, we will discuss about one such error known as QuickBooks Error 6150, which usually occurs when the user attempts to create, access or operate their company file. When “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file” starts flashing on your screen, the program asks you to repair the issues in your company file. Continue reading the blog below to gain in-depth knowledge about this technical glitch.
Stuck with QuickBooks Error 6150 and don’t know what to do next? Ring the 1-855-856-0042 to consult a certified pro-advisor and receive the right guidance to fix this.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 6143
Why does QuickBooks Error Code 6150 come into picture?
- A damaged company file is the primary reason behind error 6150.
- When a virus or malware attacks the Windows operating system.
- If a user has accidentally deleted QB files, the app becomes prone to encounter different errors.
- The company file is stored with a different extension apart from .QBW.
- If a broken internet connection leads to the partial installation of QuickBooks updates.
What tricks can eliminate QuickBooks Error Message 6150?
Error 6150 in QuickBooks can be resolved by checking for viruses in your computer and then restoring your company file backup –
Technique 1 – Scan your Computer for any Virus, especially CryptoWall
In a lot of situations, applications can encounter such errors when there is a malicious software or virus present in the device. Let us check how to proceed with it –
- Press the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- In the search panel, type Windows Explorer and double-click on the Windows Explorer tab.
- When the next window opens, go to C: Drive and look for the QuickBooks folder. You can also look in another drive.
- Search for these words – “decrypt” or “instructions” (.txt or .html).
- If the folder displays results for these words, you will have to contact your anti-virus service provider to remove it.
- If no results are shown, your device is good to go.
Technique 2 – Perform a QuickBooks Company Backup File Restoration
- Access QuickBooks Desktop on your screen.
- Press the File menu and click on Open or Restore Company File.
- Select the “Restore a Backup Copy” option and hit the Next button.
- Mark the “Local Backup” option and hit the Next button.
- Choose your backup file. Tap on Open and click Next.
- Tap on the “Save In” button and select the location where you want to store your backup.
- Enter the name of the file and click on Save.
- Confirm the action by selecting Yes, and then Yes again on the next window.
We would now like to conclude our blog on QuickBooks Error 6150, which inculcates the information regarding the causes and solutions for the same. If the methods mentioned above are followed religiously, the issue will definitely disappear. You can QuickBooks Pro Advisor directly contact our on-call support team at 1-855-856-0042 to clarify your doubts.
You may also read | QuickBooks error 6000 301