If you receive an error message while downloading the latest QuickBooks payroll update, it indicates you’re caught up with QuickBooks error PS077. The error occurs when the information entered into the account is incorrect. You might also encounter the error when anti-virus and software applications installed on the computer block update seeing it as a threat. On the occurrence of this error, the software gets stuck and needs a reboot. Read the entire blog carefully to learn more facts about QuickBooks update error PS077, its causes, and solutions.
Are you getting QuickBooks error PS077? Don’t worry. Simply call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and get a consultation from certified QuickBooks professionals
Reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Desktop error PS077
Down below are some primary reasons that prompt the error. Have a look at them before proceeding to the solutions:
- QuickBooks payroll services are not active.
- QuickBooks company file you’re trying to open is damaged or corrupted.
- The QuickBooks payroll tax table is damaged.
Check out the troubleshooting solutions listed below to fix the error.
You may also Read :- QuickBooks error 80070057
Quick Ways to Rectify QuickBooks error code PS077
Solution 1. Repair QuickBooks using Quick Fix my Program
The tool will close all open programs that QuickBooks uses and run a quick repair on the program. Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer to run the tool:
- Close company files and then exit QuickBooks.
- Get the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub. Its setup file will be saved to Downloads.
- Open the Downloads folder and then the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the prompt steps and agree to the terms and conditions.
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop once the install completes.
- Double-click the icon to open the tool hub.
- From there, choose the Program Problems tab.
- Click the Quick Fix my Program button.
- Open QuickBooks and then the company file.
If you still get the error, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Change the name of the CPS folder
The error occurs when files in the CPS folder are damaged, hence renaming the folder recreates the files without affecting the data. The steps given below will guide you on how to rename it:
- Open the File Explorer by tapping Windows and E keys together.
- Move to Local Disk, open Program Files, and then the Intuit folder.
- Open the QuickBooks folder of the version you’re using.
- Go to Components and then open the Payroll folder.
- By right-clicking the CPS folder, choose Rename.
- Name the folder as CPSOLD.
- Open QuickBooks and create a new folder.
- Get the latest payroll tax table update.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting solutions discussed in the blog will help you fix QuickBooks error PS077. If you face difficulty following the steps, you can also contact the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our helpline number +1 800-579-9430.
Related Article :- QuickBooks running slow