QuickBooks is an extremely useful accounting software that is popular worldwide. Its payroll tool offers a wide range of options to the businesses.
QuickBooks Payroll Error 557 usually arises after the user upgrades to a new version of QuickBooks and then downloads payroll updates.
If you are getting the message that says “QuickBooks must be registered before using the QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll Service”, then this blog is for you.
Unable to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 557? Get in touch with our specialists to find easy ways to make the error disappear. Dial 1-855-948-3646 for quick support
What is the QuickBooks Error Code 557?
As mentioned above, QuickBooks Error Code 557 is displayed while downloading payroll updates after upgrading the QuickBooks version.
This is a common error and it can be easily resolved.
You may read also : QuickBooks Update Error 15106
Most common reasons for QuickBooks Error Message 557
Below are some of the factors that lead to QuickBooks Error Message 557:
- Using a wrong service key often causes this error.
- If the version of QuickBooks you are using is incompatible with the Windows on your system, then this error will show up.
- Using an invalid registration number or EIN.
- If your payroll subscription is not active, then this error might happen.
- Damage to the data on QuickBooks desktop.
Troubleshooting methods to fix QB error 557
To easily resolve QB error 557, it is essential to update your QuickBooks desktop to its latest version. Here are the steps that you need to follow to update your QuickBooks desktop:
- Go to the top menu bar and press the Help button.
- Now select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Click on the Update Now tab.
- Start the download process by clicking on the Get Updates button.
- After the download is finished, restart QuickBooks.
- Select the option to install the latest version on your system.
After completing all these steps, you should verify your payroll subscription by following these steps:
Step 1: Verify your payroll subscription
- Close all your company files.
- Restart your computer system.
- Open the QuickBooks and click on the Employees tab.
- Select My Payroll Service and then click on the Manage Service Key.
- Your Service Name should be correct and your Status should be Active.
- Now Select Edit and verify your service key number.
- If incorrect, enter your correct service key.
- Click on the Next tab and uncheck the Open Payroll Setup Box.
- Click on the Finish tab.
This will download the full payroll update.
Step 2: Run the Quick fix my program
- Close all the company files and the QuickBooks desktop.
- You should now download and install the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Save it on your desktop or downloads folder to easily locate it.
- Follow all the steps to install and accept all the terms and conditions.
- After finishing the process, open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- In the QuickBooks tool hub, select Program Problems.
- Now click on the Quick Fix my program.
- You can now start the QuickBooks desktop and open the data file.
- Now download the latest payroll tax table update.
In this blog, we have explained about QuickBooks Payroll Error 557. We also informed you about the ways to resolve this error. You need to follow all the steps in correct sequence to easily resolve this problem.
If you still have any doubts, feel free to reach out to our Pro advisors at the 1-855-948-3646.
You may read also : Error 15276 QuickBooks