QuickBooks server busy error usually arises when a user remotely accesses QuickBooks or opens a company file stored on the server computer. The error shows up on the screen with a message, “Server Busy. This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.” The error usually occurs when too many programs are running in the background on your computer. However, we can avoid the error by closing all open programs. This blog is all about acquainting users with server busy error in QuickBooks, its causes ad solutions, so read carefully until the end.
If you are dealing with the QuickBooks server busy error and want an instant solution to fix it, get troubleshooting assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by dialing +1 800-579-9430
Causes behind QuickBooks server not responding error
There are certain reasons that trigger this server error. Have a look at some of the common errors listed below:
- QuickBooks installation is damaged or corrupted.
- QuickBooks automatic updates are turned on.
- You are working on an outdated Windows version.
- Multiple programs running in the background prevent QuickBooks from running smoothly.
Now that you know what prompts the error, let us walk you through the troubleshooting techniques given below to fix the error.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 6209
Methods to Troubleshoot & Fix server busy error in QuickBooks
The following troubleshooting methods include running Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub and disabling QuickBooks automatic updates:
Method 1. Repair QuickBooks by using Quick Fix my Program
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop window and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file.
- The setup file will be saved to the Downloads folder once the download completes.
- Move to the Downloads folder and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Start installing the application by performing the step-wise instructions.
- Mark the terms and conditions checkbox and move to desktop.
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it and choose Program Problems.
- Click the Quick Fix my Program button.
- The tool will run to resolve program issues.
- Once it completes, reopen QuickBooks and the company file.
If the same error message reappears, try the next method.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 1099
Method 2. Stop QuickBooks Automatic Update
Close all programs running in the background, including QuickBooks update, by following the steps listed below:
- Tap the Ctrl+ Alt + Delete key on your keyboard.
- Open Task Manager and then go to the Startup tab.
- Click QuickBooks Automatic Update and then Disable.
- With the help of the following steps, disable shared updates in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Select the Help menu and then Update QuickBooks.
- Choose the Options tab and click NO for the shared Download option.
- Click Close.
If the troubleshooting methods given above didn’t work, completely uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop application and then reinstall.
We hope you find the blog helpful in resolving QuickBooks server busy error. If the error persists, get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our customer support number +1 800-579-9430. They will facilitate you with advanced troubleshooting techniques for the same.
You may also read this article :- QuickBooks error 6069