QuickBooks users confront many obstacles while working on their tasks in this accounting application, and usually, these obstacles consist of various errors and malfunctioning of some essential components.
One of the most surprising technical issues that QB users have to face is the constant closing of the QB Desktop application without any warning in the form of QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5. In some cases, this problem can arise just after the installation of the QB Desktop on the system, and it severely obstructs the completion of the ongoing task.
Read every section of this blog to swiftly understand this issue and obtain some reliable solutions.
To obtain the best advice to eliminate the unexpected error 5 in QuickBooks, you can dial 1.855.738.2784 to reach out to our QB Professionals Team.
QB Desktop Unexpected Error 5: Most Common Factors
The QB Desktop unexpected error 5 usually occurs due to the reasons described below:
- An imperfect name on the data file and imprecise installation of the QB application can easily provoke this troublesome issue.
- Technical faults on the user’s system, such as corrupted Windows and damaged hard drives, can also trigger problems while operating the QB Desktop application.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 179
Reliable Solutions for the Unexpected Error 5 in QuickBooks Desktop
The QuickBooks Desktop Closing Unexpectedly Problem can be fully resolved using the solutions given below:
Solution 1: Troubleshoot the QB program problems through the valid execution of the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ tool
- Firstly, you are required to get the QB Tool Hub downloaded on your computer, and for that, you should hop to Intuit’s website & tap on the relevant download link for the ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub’.
- Upon the full download of the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file, you shall immediately open it up & follow the precise installation steps as they show up on your computer’s screen.
- When you execute all those installation steps, you will have installed the QB Tool Hub successfully, and then you should instantly launch the tool hub by double-clicking on its icon, following which you need to hit the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ icon provided under the ‘Program Problems’ tab.
- Allow the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ tool sufficient time to fully complete its execution, and then you can easily open up the QB Desktop application to work on your tasks without facing any unexpected crash.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error H101
Solution 2: Access & run the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ to ensure full eradication of QB installation problems
- First of all, open up the ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub’ as per the previous solution and then locate the ‘Installation Issues’ tab, following which you can easily find out the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ icon.
- Now, tap this tool’s icon to instantly begin its execution, and you must allow the necessary time so that this tool precisely completes the extermination of all the QB installation problems on your system.
- Once the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ has finished its run, you shall simply restart the system, and then you can easily access the QB Desktop application to successfully complete your mandatory accounting tasks.
While implementing these solutions, you must ensure that they are used in the valid step-wise sequence as indicated above so that the ‘QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5’ is easily rectified. For further guidance, dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 3180