Behind every application that runs on different operating systems, many background processes and components silently function to help users perform their desired operation. Programs also require system resources like hardware and software components for smooth operations. One more thing that a program demand is a suitable configuration. In lack of any of these mentioned requirements, you will start facing issues utilizing any program, and the same happens with QuickBooks. When QuickBooks lacks the suitable environment required to function, it simply stops working or quits unexpectedly. If your QuickBooks won’t open because of some unknown reasons that you can’t identify, follow this article until the end and learn how to identify the actual cause of the issue and troubleshoot it using some straightforward solutions.
If you feel that troubleshooting the issue where QuickBooks stops responding can cope a risk to your company data, contact the QuickBooks Desktop support team for help at 1-855-856-0042
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Issues that could be Causing your QuickBooks to Stop Functioning
Below are some of the most common reasons why your QuickBooks can stop functioning. Go through the list attentively and identify the cause in your case.
- General issues in the QuickBooks program files like disassociation with the program can stop QuickBooks from functioning.
- If your company file is damaged or is too big, then also QuickBooks can stop working.
- Installation issues that evolve while installing the QuickBooks Desktop program can also be why your QuickBooks might stop responding.
If you have identified the reason in your case, follow the troubleshooting solution accordingly.
Common Fixes to get your QuickBooks Up and Running Again
Fix 1: Resolve General Program Errors using Quick Fix my Program Tool
- Download and install and run QuickBooks Tool Hub to access the Quick Fix my Program tool.
- Once the Tool Hub is installed, search it from the Windows search and run it from there.
- Go to the Program Problems tab that you can see on the left pane and select Quick Fix my Program tool.
- Let it run and repair issues that are preventing QuickBooks from running.
- Check if fixing general errors in QuickBooks resolves the issue.
Fix 2: Repair and Shrink your Company File Size
- First, open Tool Hub again and go to the Company File issues tab.
- Select QuickBooks File Doctor and let it identify and diagnose the file issues.
- Once the file is repaired and you suspect that your company file is large, exceeding 1 GB of size, you will need to compress it.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key and open QuickBooks.
- Go to the File tab, select Utilities, and click the Condense Data option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to compress the company file size and re-open QuickBooks to check if the error is resolved.
Fix 3: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to Fix Program Installation Issues
- Run QuickBooks Tool Hub one more time and go to the Installation Issues tab.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and let it repair the program installation issues.
Even after troubleshooting the significant causes of the issue, if your QuickBooks won’t open, you will need to explain the situation to the QuickBooks support team so that they can use an advanced approach to resolve the error for you. Dial 1-855-856-0042 and get in touch with the QuickBooks Pro Advisor customer support team now.
You may also read | QuickBooks Error PS107