Maulana Azad the First Indian Education Minister
Maulana Azad was the principal Indian Education Minister and was the individual that laid the foundation for the new Indian training system.Every year on 11 November, India observes National Education Day to celebrate the birth commemoration of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the primary Union Education Minister of India from 1947 to 1958.
Azad was conceived in Mecca, Saudi Arabia in 1888, however his family migrated to Calcutta to give him superior training. In 1912, Azad began distributing Al-Hilal, a week after week that reprimanded British strategies. After it was prohibited, he began another week after week Al-Bagah, following which the British government restricted him under the Defense of India Regulations in 1916.
Azad is credited with forming current instruction arrangement of India. It was under his residency that the main IIT, IISc, School of Planning and Agriculture and the University Grants Commission were set up, as confirmed by The Indian Express.
The Central government, had on 11 September 2008, pronounced the day to be National Education Day and the principal festivities were introduced by then President of India Pratibha Patil at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
The Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu paid his accolades for the political dissident and patriot, stating, “He will be constantly associated with his suffering commitment in the field of instruction and for determinedly taking a stab at public solidarity.”
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad is additionally instrumental in beginning the Sangeet Natak Akademi, Sahitya Akademi, and Lalit Kala Akademi to advance training and culture in the nation. During his residency as the Education Minister of autonomous India, he advanced exploration in eastern learning and writing.
He was granted the Bharat Ratna after death in 1992 for his commitment as a political dissident and educationist. Maulana Azad needed to spread instruction among the everyday citizens of the nation. In 1956 he was chosen as the President of the UNESCO General Conference in Delhi.
Maulana Azad : His impact on education and Scholarship programs
- The Maulana Azad Education Foundation has been giving grants to a ton of capable understudies the nation over.
- The Foundation was set up to advance training among the instructively in reverse minorities specifically and other more fragile areas as a rule.
- The Foundation is a deliberate, non-political, non-benefit making social assistance association, set up to advance instruction among instructively in reverse minorities.
- The Foundation was set up on the event of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s introduction to the world century festivities. His momentous life was pressed with extraordinary accomplishments in the different fields. He was transcending figure on the Indian political scene and a researcher appraised high in the domains of Urdu Literature.
- To this, he added a pattern setting innings as a writer. In any case, his most noteworthy specialty was his commitment as a scholar with a world vision and humanist standpoint. A hounded political dissident and an un-bombing upholder of mainstream and vote based qualities.
- The Foundation was set up on the event of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s introduction to the world centennial festivals. His memorable life was pressed with extraordinary accomplishments in the different fields. He was transcending figure on the Indian political scene and a researcher appraised high in the domains of Urdu Literature. To this, he added a pattern setting innings as a columnist. Yet, his most prominent claimto acclaim was his commitment as a mastermind with a world vision and humanist outlook.A hounded political dissident and an un-bombing upholder of mainstream and vote based qualities. Maulana Azad has the right to be acquainted anew with the advanced age of Indians.
- The Foundation is an intentional, non-political, non-benefit making social assistance association, set up to advance schooling among instructively in reverse segments of the Society. It is completely financed by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt. of India. The Honorable Minister of Minority Affairs is Ex-Officio President of the Foundation. It was enlisted under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 on sixth July 1989.
- The General Body of the Foundation comprises of 15 individuals out of which six individuals are ex-officio including the President, MAEF and rest nine individuals are assigned by the President, MAEF. The administration of the Foundation is endowed with its Governing Body, which comprise of six individuals (counting President, MAEF) chose from among the individuals from the General Body.
- This is the official mission of the Maulana Azad Education Foundation.Therefore, he needed that the extent of grown-up
- instruction ought to likewise incorporate arrangement for social schooling. The arrangement of grown-up training to clear out
- the huge ignorance of the majority. The improvement and extension of specialized training to unravel the labor for modern and specialized advancement The redesign and improvement of college schooling from a public perspective.
Maulana Azad’s View on education for all
India has confronted a ton of shared disharmony. Prejudice, dogmatism and male centric society has prevented a ton from getting understudies essential instructive rights. Maulana Azad belived in instruction for all.
Training is one of the most basic regions of strengthening for ladies. Maulana Azad saw that the young lady instruction can acquire an intense change the general public. He was of the feeling that informed young ladies can assume a significant function in the advancement of the nation. Training of young ladies was of prime worry for him. Maulana saw that without an informed electorate,democracy can’t play out the capacities expected of it.He accepted that training alone can achieve majority rule combination, social cohesiveness and supported development. Our schooling framework and advancement and ought not permit any part to linger behind of uncommon significance is ladies s instruction, as they establish almost 50% of our populace. The full interest of ladies in the different circles of society is a significant advance for the strengthening of ladies in our general public.
This is the disposition that India actually needs to grasp, female ignorance is as yet a looming issue in India and in numerous parts far and wide. Indians as well as the world must draw motivation from Maulana Azad and his vision, it is about time each youngster regardless of caste,creed,gender and race. As he once stated:
“No program of public schooling can be fitting in the event that it doesn’t give full thought to the training and headway of one-portion of the general public that is the ladies.”