“First impression is the last impression”, is a famous quote that applies everywhere, even in web design and development services. User experience holds paramount importance in the success of any website interaction.
To keep users engaged on your website, it is essential to make a visually appealing website design along with an interactive user interface. In a few clicks and scrolling, users make up their minds to either explore or exit the website. Hence, it is necessary to take into account what users expect from a website.
At the macro level, user experience depends on website design, well-structured information architecture, and quality content. While at the micro level, it depends on design details, also called as microinteractions.
Importance of microinteractions in Website design and development services
Microinteractions plays an important role in website design and development services as user retention depends on its implementation.
- Microinteractions are individual interactive moments designed to accomplish a single task, which maintains a natural flow and enhances user experience.
- It gives visitors certain control while accessing a website with interactive actions.
- It provides feedback to users through responsive system status and helps users to prevent errors.
- Microinteractions mainly work in two steps: Trigger and Feedback
Trigger is what initiates feedback. When a user scrolls, clicks, or swipes, an action is initiated in the form of feedback. It’s an action and reaction process. Triggers can be initiated manually or by the system based on the rules or conditions applied. Scrolling, clicking, or swiping are some examples of manual triggers, and a digital alarm is a system-initiated trigger.
It can be in any form that users can see, feel, or hear like voice outputs, haptic feedback, or visual outputs. Microinteractions need a distinct trigger to generate feedback.
- These simple elements define the user experience of a website interaction. Hence, it is important to consider microinteractions while providing UI/UX design services. As it defines how interactive and smooth the website is!
Benefits of microinteractions in responsive web design services
- How a website development company utilizes microninteractions to design a website, can make a big difference in the website design market compared with their peer competitors.
- Even in website redesign services, microinteractions can turn a dull website into a vibrant and enjoyable site to explore.
- Innovative application of microinteractions will have a positive impact due to smoother UI interaction.
- It helps users to access websites in a more fluid and intuitive way, which eventually prevents user errors.
Examples of microinteractions
- Microinteractions are present all over a website, consciously not noticed by a user. With every click to scroll, microinetractions are present.
- Scrollbar, digital alarm, interactive responsive buttons, pull-to-refresh animations, swipe animation, email notifications, and even your notification of a phone call are some examples of microinteractions.
- Actions like swiping up to refresh data, liking content, changing settings, and clicking on icons are also included in microinteractions.
Microinteractions are an effective way of interacting and enhancing user experience. Web design and development services are incomplete without focusing on and providing innovative ways to trigger to generate feedback.
When a user visits a website, user interaction starts with every click. How interactive and innovative the experience of accessing the content of a website is, decides your website’s impression on users.