In case you are planning to move your sofa from one place to the other then this blog is going to help you out providing you the most essential and useful tips. Sofa is the best thing in the house that you own in the house. It is the place where you enjoy with your family while binge watching after a long day. Without any doubt, it is going to be very difficult for you to pack a couch so it would be better that you hire packers and movers to experience a safe and smooth move. But still if you want to execute the move on your own then here are some of the tips that are going to be very useful for you:
Here are some of the necessary supplies that are necessary for packing your favorite furniture piece that you have in your house:
Before you start and move your couch on your own then it would be better that you arrange for all the packing supplies to pack it in the most appropriate way:
• Plastic wrap – it is the best thing that you do to keep the cushions and the couch together. Apply it smoothly over the couch frame and pack it with cushions
• Moving blankets – it protects your furniture from all the dust and dirt and it is applied as the last layer of packing.
• Packing tape – it is the only thing that keeps your couch secured to the packing material. You should always apply the tape that is durable enough and has a strong adhesive
• Furniture sliders – For relocating couches and other such heavy furniture pieces, it would be better if you place furniture sliders under the feet so that you can take it from place to the other smoothly
• Furniture dolly – it is an L shape equipment that has wheels; it is the best tool for moving couches and all heavy and oversized possessions. All you have to do is pick up the couch and place it on the dolly on its side. Then you can easily take your couch from your house to the moving truck and then from the moving truck to your new plae
• Furniture moving straps – you have to apply the straps to the truck so that you can secure it properly and doesn’t let the furniture move during the transit. It is something very important to prevent the cracks that can take place during the transit.
Check if the couch is worth moving or not
Before you prepare your couch for the move then you should check if it is in a good condition or not. It is very important to do this because it takes a lot of money to pack and move everything properly. If the couch is already torn out then it would not be the right decision to move it because more damage can take place during the transit. Also if you are moving from one country to the other then also check the moving charges because it takes a lot of money to take such pieces to the new place so it should not be the case that you get a new piece in the new country at the same or a lesser price.
Pack cushions and pillows separately
If you are planning to move your couch then you should pack your cushions and pillows separately so that it doesn’t create any inconvenience when you are packing your couch. You will have to pack your couch with the help of plastic wrap so that dust and dirt doesn’t stick to your piece of furniture.
Disassemble your couch
When you have finally taken the decision of taking your couch along with you then all that you have to do is to disassemble it properly because it is very difficult to take these furniture pieces from one place to the other without disassembling them. Make sure that you move according to the guide because you will have to assemble it again at your new place.
Pack the couch
Make sure you pack it with multiple layers of packing, start with the packing paper and then apply the bubble wrap and then put the furniture blanket over it. It is going to be very beneficial for you if you pack it properly and secure all the packing material with the help of a durable tape. It is very important to pack the couch properly so that you are able to find it in the most appropriate way. Then you can load it on to the moving truck with the help of your dolly.
These are the ways that you should follow while you are planning to pack your couch and if you think that you will not be able to do it all by yourself then it would be better if you hire movers and packer because they have well trained staff who hold a lot of experience in the industry.
Have a smooth move!