The 10 Best Home Automation Systems
Welcome to Thomas’s guide to the best home automation systems.Thomas has been connecting North American industrial buyers and suppliers for more than 120 years. Whenever you purchase products through our independent recommendations, we may earn an affiliate commission.
With so many home automation devices available nowadays it may seem a little overwhelming when trying to figure out which is the best home automation system to suit your lifestyle, so we’ve listed 10 of the finest smart home solutions for many needs and budgets to assist you in your selection.
Using a smart home automation touchscreen system
As futuristic technology starts to improve in other aspects of our lives, such as voice assistants like Amazon Alexa, self-driving cars, or robot home delivery, more and more integration of technology into our day-to-day lives is inevitable. One aspect of this really is home automation systems.
The global home automation system market has exponentially expanded during the last several years, is valued at $47.6 Billion in 2017, and is expected to cultivate at a CAGR of 11.5%, reaching almost $102 Billion by the entire year 2025.
What is a Home Automation System?
A home automation system combines hardware and software via a wireless network to regulate your property electronics and appliances through one device which could be a smartphone, tablet, or perhaps a specific central automation control hub system. These units could be controlled remotely even though you’re not at home. A few of these work via apps, others with a voice assistant like Alexa, or Siri, and others through the key automation hub itself. There are lots of things which can be controlled by way of a home automation system and we look at some of these below.
Types of Home Automation
Home automation choices are growing every day, and merely a several types of devices which can be operated via a home automation controller are:
- Appliances: You are able to work your oven, vacuum, fan, fireplace, and air con units—to name a few—via your phone.
- Doors: See who’s at the doorway, talk in their mind via an intercom, or open the doorway without waking up from the couch.
- Garage: Open your garage door or gate before you’ve even turned the corner into your road.
- Blinds: Operate the blinds remotely, even though you’re not at home.
- Watering systems: Ensure your lawn stays freshly watered no matter if you’re home or away.
- House alarm: See and record any activity in and around your home, all throughout your home automation system.
- Lights: Switch your lights on or off, or dim them at an impulse via your smart device.
- Thermostat: Control the temperature of your property constantly via a smart thermostat.
- Energy savers: Monitor the electricity employed by each device through the house, locate and eliminate the energy drainers, and save profit the process.
Choosing the Best Home Automation Solutions
With regards to the form of system that you require, home automation costs is often as low as $20 and go up into the thousands for an entirely automated house with all the latest technology. We read 1000s of home automation system reviews on Amazon and you can find our listing of the most truly effective home automation solutions below.