Transplantation Industry Overview
The global transplantation market size is expected to reach USD 30.9 billion by the year 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 9.4%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing incidence of organ failure has resulted in massive growth in the transplantation market.
Transplantation Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global transplantation market on product, application, end-use, and region:
Based on the Product Insight, the market is segmented into Tissue Products, Immunosuppressive Drugs, and Preservation Solution
- Tissue products were the highest revenue-generating segment in 2021 with a market share of 57.8%. Major products used for tissue or organ transplantation are tissue products, immunosuppressants, and preservation solutions.
- Immunosuppressive drugs segment is projected to showcase lucrative growth during the study period. This can be attributed to the high usage of these drugs to prevent post-transplant tissue or organ rejection. The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases has led to a rise in demand for organ replacement globally.
- The preservation solutions segment is expected to exhibit significant growth during the study period due to rising government support for stem cell research and the high application of these products to improve the physiological function of organs.
Based on the Application Insight, the market is segmented into Organ Transplantation and Tissue Transplantation
- Tissue transplantation dominates the market with market size of 7.6 billion in 2021. This is due to the fact that the replacement of skin, cornea, bones, heart valves, tendons, nerves, and veins are most commonly performed procedure worldwide.
- The organ transplantation segment is expected to show a lucrative growth rate during the forecast period. The increasing number of organ transplantations globally as well as the repetitive purchase of immunosuppressants is anticipated to boost the market growth in the near future.
- Advancement in transplantation technology and the launch of new products by manufacturers is expected to propel the number of transplant procedures, including kidney, liver, heart, lungs, and tissues.
Based on the End-Use Insight, the market is segmented into Hospitals, Transplant Centers, Others
- The hospitals segment held the largest market share of 49.6% in the year 2021. A large number of organ and tissue transplant procedures are conducted at hospitals as they are primary treatment centers. Additionally, the emergence of hospitals with developed infrastructure is further expected to fuel market growth.
- The number of transplant centers is expected to exhibit the highest growth during the forecast period. Escalating transplantation procedures have triggered the need for an increased number of healthcare centers catering to the unmet needs of the patients.
- As a result of established healthcare infrastructure in the U.S., France, U.K., and other European countries, demand for advanced transplant products for the management of organ failure & tissue replacement has increased. Moreover, the number of advanced transplant centers in these regions is increasing.
Transplantation Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
Rising regulatory approvals for allografts, autologous grafts, and other materials along with the development of innovative products, such as 3D bioprinting, have led to high demand for transplant products. This 3D bioprinting can be used to regenerate tissues and organs.
Some of the prominent players in the transplantation market include.
- Abbvie, Inc
- Arthrex, Inc.
- Zimmer Biomet
- Novartis AG
- 21stCentury Medicine
- BiolifeSolutions, Inc
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Veloxis Pharmaceutical
Order a free sample PDF of the Transplantation Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.