QuickBooks holds all the needed features that users require for accounting and bookkeeping activities. But, at the same time, we can’t deny the fact that it is prone to annoying errors. This blog will talk about QuickBooks error 1326 that appears while installing QuickBooks 2018. It is a Microsoft error that occurs due to installation issues or damaged Microsoft components. The error pops up on the screen with a message, “Error 1326.Error generating file security: C:\Program Data\Intuit.” If you are also struggling with QuickBooks Desktop error 1326, read the complete blog for troubleshooting solutions.
If you are unable to resolve QuickBooks error 1326 and looking for an alternative method, reach out to the QuickBooks support team by dialing +1 800-417-5147 and letting them handle the issue
Reasons why you come across QuickBooks error code 1326?
There are numerous reasons behind the error. Some most common of them are listed below, have a look:
- QuickBooks installation file has some damage or corruption.
- Working on an outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Damaged QuickBooks folder.
- Some viruses or malware interfere with the installation process.
Go through the next section of the blog for troubleshooting steps.
Read more :- QuickBooks data conversion service
Solutions to Rectify error 1326 in QuickBooks
Given below are the most effective troubleshooting solutions to resolve the error. It includes clean installing QuickBooks and using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub:
Solution 1. Uninstall QuickBooks and do a fresh install
- Before uninstalling QuickBooks, note down the QuickBooks product year, version, and license number.
- Now, uninstall QuickBooks completely by following the steps given below:
- Select the Windows Start menu and open the Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- Select the QuickBooks Desktop version you want to uninstall from the list of installed applications.
- Click Uninstall/Change and then Remove.
- Click Next.
- Retitle the QuickBooks installation folder
- Open File Explorer and then the folder where QuickBooks company files are stored.
- Right-click the folder and select the Rename option.
- Change the folder’s name by adding OLD at the end.
- Reinstall QuickBooks.
If the error persists, follow the next solution.
Solution 2. Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and put QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to use
- Close company data files and then the QuickBooks Desktop window.
- Download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- Save it to Downloads or on your Windows desktop for easy access.
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and start the installation process by following the prompt steps.
- To complete the installation, you need to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Go to desktop, double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it.
- When the Tool Hub opens, go to the Installation Issues tab and click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- When the tool completes the repair process, restart your workstation.
That’s all we can do to help you tackle QuickBooks error 1326. We hope you find the blog helpful in resolving the issue. If the problem recurs, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks professionals by calling us on our helpline number +1 800-417-5147.
Related article :- QuickBooks error 20102