QuickBooks 2017 event id 4 error occurs when the user launches the Integration Manager in QuickBooks. A damaged or corrupted Microsoft .NET Framework is the primary reason behind the QuickBooks pro event id 4 error. The Enterprise Integration Manager event id 4 error mostly appears in the QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition 2020. The QuickBooks 2017 event id 4 error comes up with the following error messages:
WPR: calling ABORT_CLOSE
WPR: validation failed
WPR: SetNameDriverAndPort call failed
WPR: OpenPrinter call failed
To get detailed information about how to resolve QuickBooks event id 4 unexpected error, continue reading the blog till the end.
If you are looking for an instant solution to fix the QuickBooks event id 4 error, then get in touch with the certified QuickBooks professionals by dialing our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430.
What leads to QuickBooks 2017 Event id 4 error?
Following are the reasons behind the Enterprise Integration Manager event id 4 error:
- The QuickBooks desktop application is not installed properly.
- QuickBooks program files have been deleted accidentally.
- The damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file.
- Fault in the Windows registry.
- Some malicious attacks of viruses or malware on QuickBooks.
Let us walk you through the solutions given below in order to fix the QuickBooks pro event id 4 error.
Read more :- QuickBooks has stopped working
Here’s How to resolve QuickBooks event id 4 unexpected error
Check out the most effective troubleshooting procedure to overcome QuickBooks 2017 event id 4 error:
Method 1.Reinstall the .NET Framework 4.0 SP1
Install the .NET Framework again using the steps given below:
- Press Windows + R keys together on your keyboard.
- When the Run window opens, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the box.
- Select Add/Remove programs or Programs and Features window.
- Search Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and click on Uninstall.
- After uninstall completes, restart your computer.
- Now, write ‘appwiz.cpl’ within the Run box, and move to Add/Remove programs or Programs and Features window.
- Click add/remove programs.
- Choose .NET Framework in the Windows Feature and locate Microsoft .NET 3.5.
- Select both options.
- Click OK and install the MS .NET Framework 3.5.
- In the end, click Finish.
If the QuickBooks pro event id 4 error still appears, proceed to the next method.
Method 2. Perform a clean install of QuickBooks
Here are the step-wise instructions to clean install the application:
- Write down the QuickBooks’ product year, version and, license number.
- Create a backup of the company file. Here’s how:
– Open QuickBooks.
– Move to the File menu and select Switch to Single-user Mode.
– Go to the File menu again and select Back up Company.
– Click Create Local Backup.
– In the window, select Local Backup and then Next.
– Within the Local Backup Only section, click Browse and select where you want to save your backup company file.
– Click OK and then Next.
- Uninstall QuickBooks:
- Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Run Clean Install tool.
- Reinstall the QuickBooks desktop application.
We hope the troubleshooting solutions discussed in the blog help you fix the QuickBooks event id 4 error. If the issue persists, contact the QuickBooks support team by calling us on our helpline number +1 800-579-9430.
Related Article :- QuickBooks error ps077