Whenever you update a program, several processes work in the background to update the previous program files. When one of these files is used by another program, you get an error, and the update process terminates automatically. This becomes clear when you get an error message that reads, “Error 15276: The payroll update did not complete successfully. One of the files to be updated was in use and could not be replaced.” QuickBooks error 15276 is a common QuickBooks Desktop and payroll update error with multiple triggers contrary to the one discussed above. This article will help you identify the causes that prompt error 15276 in QuickBooks and help you resolve the error without taking much time.
Troubleshooting the errors in QuickBooks when you are running out of time can be annoying. Users who want to get rid of error 15276 in QuickBooks immediately can reach QuickBooks support for help at 1-855-948-3646.
Let’s Discuss the Reasons that Prompts Error 15276 in QuickBooks
Reasons other than the one mentioned in the intro of this article are listed below.
- Due to outdated billing info, your payroll subscription has not been updated.
- While installing QuickBooks, some other programs interfered more precisely than a Windows security program.
- QuickBooks File Copy service required to install the updates does not have the necessary admin privileges.
Before troubleshooting the error, make sure you have an active payroll subscription. You must also ensure that your billing info is updated so that you won’t face the same error again because of an inactive payroll subscription.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error PS038
Here’s How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15276
Solution 1: Run Quick Fix my Program Tool to Fix Issues that Incorporated while Installing QuickBooks
- Search and download QuickBooks Tool Hub that you will need to run the Quick Fix my Program tool.
- Install Tool Hub by running the program setup file.
- Once the installation completes, run Tool Hub using the shortcut icon that you will find on the desktop.
- Go to the Program Problems tab and choose Quick Fix my Program tool to launch it.
- Once the tool repairs the program problems, retry to update QuickBooks Desktop or payroll to check if the error is resolved.
Solution 2: Change the Properties of QuickBooks File Copy Service
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run command dialog box.
- Type services.msc in the text box and press Enter or click OK.
- You will now get the list of all the services running on the system.
- Locate and right-click the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service and select Properties.
- From the Startup type drop-down, select Automatic and click Apply and OK.
Restart QuickBooks and check if you can install program and payroll updates. If you still can’t get the updates because of QuickBooks Error 15276, you will need to completely reinstall QuickBooks in Windows selective startup mode. For more help troubleshooting the error with advanced troubleshooting solutions, reach QuickBooks Desktop support at toll-free number 1-855-948-3646.