Every single file executed by the QuickBooks installer at the time of installation plays a significant role in running QuickBooks Desktop. Corruption or deletion of any of these files can trigger different issues in the QuickBooks Desktop application. One such error that you can notice is QuickBooks error PS107 that throws an error message that reads, “An internal file in QuickBooks has become unreadable [PS107].” Several reasons count for such mishappening in QuickBooks, and once you get this error, the payroll update function gets restricted. To fight back the error, we have come up with this article where you will find every single reason that triggers the error and solutions that you can implement to get it fixed.
If you feel stuck at some point troubleshooting the error, we suggest you contact QuickBooks support by dialing this toll-free number 1-855-948-3646 and receive immediate help resolving error PS107 by certified QuickBooks Desktop experts.
List of Reasons that Prompt Error PS107 in QuickBooks
Apart from having a corrupted or missing program file, following are some more reasons that can result in error PS107 while downloading the latest payroll updates.
1. If you have partially installed QuickBooks or installed it from a corrupt installer file.
2. Updating payroll without having the QuickBooks Desktop updates can also trigger the same error in the application.
3. Interruptions from other programs like your security software can also be a reason for getting the error code PS107 in QuickBooks.
So as you now know the reasons why QuickBooks throws the error message PS107, let’s quickly fix the issues above with the troubleshooting solutions given below.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error PS036
Troubleshooting Methods to Rectify QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS107
Troubleshooting Solution 1: Reinstall QuickBooks with a Recently Downloaded Installer File
1.Go to the official QuickBooks download page and select the country, version, and year of your QuickBooks Desktop.
2. Download the QuickBooks setup file and ensure the download is not interrupted by any action or fluctuation in the internet connection.
3. Run the installer and follow the on-screen prompts to finish the installation and retry to download the QuickBooks payroll updates.
If you re-encounter error PS107, follow the next solution.
Troubleshooting Solution 2: Get QuickBooks Desktop Updates Before Downloading the Payroll Updates
1. Launch QuickBooks Desktop and move to the Help tab.
2. Select the option to update QuickBooks Desktop by clicking the Update QuickBooks Desktop option and going to the Update Now tab.
3. Click Get Updates and close the QuickBooks Update windows and restart QuickBooks once the updates are downloaded.
4. Click Install Updates and try to download the payroll updates now.
Solution 3: Download Payroll Updates in Windows Selective Startup Mode
1. Press Windows + R and type MSConfig in the text box.
2. Press Enter and checkmark the Selective Startup option.
3. Click Apply and OK and restart Windows.
4. Check if you can download the payroll updates in the selective startup mode.
If you still can’t download the latest payroll updates because of QuickBooks error PS107, you must consult a QuickBooks professional for troubleshooting help and support by dialing this toll-free number 1-855-948-3646.